You love me.. I love you..... What now?

Falling in love in high school was such a big deal back then, I thought it was the real thing.

Then, I find myself laughing now, because the past years... I fell in and out of love and all ended up the same. "Nahulog lang din ang lahat sa tae." The learnings and experiences were all worth it though.

Well, I know people tell me I'm too young to think about finding that one greatest love. I'm 21. Then again, I'm thinking otherwise. I. need. to. find. my. one. great. love. now. Why? Here's why....

Marrying age.

What is really the ideal marrying age? Women nowadays tend to marry as soon as they kicked off with their careers. Gone were the days of "men dependence". So, by the time their 30, most are not even inside wedlock. What's worse, or perhaps, whats practical now is not getting into a matrimony at all. Cohabitation. To steer away all the trouble of divorce and conjugation.

Cohabitation may seem to be a good option for me. Then again, morality comes in.. hahahaha!

Anyway, I wouldn't want to marry at the age of 30. That would be too late for me I think. I would like to have a child earlier, 27-29 perhaps. So, I can "grow up' up with my kid.

Engagement

Okay. Here's the deal. There are couples who are together for months, then exchange vows. Some, stay like 10 or more years before they even plan on getting married.

As for me, I'd like to have a LLLOOONNNGG engagement. I think that would be the best way to avoid all the shit that comes after marriage. When you know each other long enough, marriage will only be like taking that higher notch. It won't be a whole new different chapter of your life. So, yes, I say, I should be engaged to my partner at least 6-8 years before tying the knot.


Age

Now, back to my age, I'm what? 21. And if I'd want to marry by the age of 28 the most, and would want a long engagement, I need to find my partner. NOW. PRONTO.


Tricky part

Here comes the tricky part. Dubai, UAE is miles away from my homeland. Would you think I'll find my would-be lifetime partner here? I wouldn't want to say anything done, but, I really can't find that notion to meet someone here in this foreign land. Reasons?

One. I don't like foreigners.
Two. There's not much a choice. Filipinos here are either married, engaged, womanizer or gay. So, no thanks.  (I'm stereotyping, whatever.)
Three. This may be an open country but, PDA and all those jizz are surely a taboo here. So, yes. I respect policies.
Four. Gensan is where my heart is. I think.

Open Relationship

I say Gensan is where my heart is right? Yes. Indeed. Then again, would a Long distance relationship work for me? Is virtual communication enough to sustain a commitment?

Commitment. Such a strong word. Can I even commit despite the distance? Due to all these doubts and uncertainty.. The term.. OPEN RELATIONSHIP enters.

I dunno the grounds of the label completely, but, what I understand is, both are in love, but the commitment is not 100% and both lives separate lives.. Simply put, you love each other, and come what may. No obligations, no commitments, no pressure.

Sounds easy? Sounds great? I dunno yet. I think this is the best there is for me. Given the inevitable situation of being miles apart. A commitment may seem to be too much to bear. So, let things go with the flow then, right?

You love me... I love you.... the rest would be for us to see... :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment